Weekly Scripture Verse

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Overcome Satan!

The Ambassadors provided great music to the New Beginnings class today along with their personal testimonies. The Lord brought to me Revelation 12:10-11 that speaks about a testimony overcoming the devil. My thoughts throughout the week were about our need to have a testimony! When you have a testimony you are speaking about something you witnessed, to something you know as a fact or to something that you have experienced. I am so glad that I have a testimony to tell others about on how God has seen me through situations throughout my life. I am so glad that as a young boy I accepted Jesus as my Savior, that my sins were forgiven, that I have a home in heaven, and that I have an advocate speaking for me before God as that great accuser accuses me before God!

I am reminded of the recorded story in Mark 1:40 – 45 where a man full of leprosy called out to the Lord requesting healing and the Lord reached out and touched him and healed him of his leprosy. Following his healing the healed leprous man went about the country telling others how once he was full of leprosy and now he was clean; healed by the touch of Christ! Oh, to have a testimony! Has Christ reached out to touch you, to heal and cleanse you?

The one who bring disease and troubles is that great liar, Satan. God allows him to do this for several reasons: to shape us, to test us, to strengthen us to give us a testimony. Why? To glorify God; to be an encouragement to someone else! After you have gone through the trial; after God has brought you through you will have a testimony of God’s provision to help another who is going through the same problem. God will bring these people across your path, it’s up to you to fulfill your purpose and testify! Have you had a job loss and are now employed? Find someone out of work and tell them that God will see them through. Have you been through an illness; encourage someone who is in the illness about God’s healing hand. Have you been through a death? Encourage some one who is in grief!

God gave you these experiences to help His children and to receive glory for His blessing bestowed! Hebrews 4:16 speaks to this “. . . we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need.” God’s desire is to be merciful and to meet your needs.

There is a great day coming spoken of in Revelation 12:10-11 “. . . Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony.” The devil is overcome by the shed blood of Jesus Christ and our testimony! I am so glad that we can overcome the devil today by these same two things.

You can help a brother or sister in Christ to overcome the attack of Satan on their lives by your testimony. Praise God for seeing us through our trials and troubles! Use this victory to help another to achieve a victorious lift – Share your testimony today!

No comments:

Post a Comment